As we all know, mechanical watches use clockwork as the driving force and rely on the balance wheel speed control system to control the watch’s operation. The accuracy of its travel time is affected by many internal and external factors. Moreover, the higher the frequency of the oscillator, the more stable the oscillation, the stronger the anti-interference ability, and the more accurate the watch is. The oscillating frequency of Citizen mechanical watches is 6Hz / S or 8Hz / S (common mechanical watches are limited to its principle, and the oscillating frequency is generally between 5-10Hz / S). In addition, the vibration or vibration caused by external forces on the watch, full or half-winding of the mainspring, etc., will also affect the accuracy of the mechanical watch.
The national technical standard for the accuracy of the mechanical watch travel time is: the allowable error within 24 hours, superior product -10 ～ + 25 seconds; first-class product -20 ～ + 50 seconds; qualified product -40 ～ + 75 seconds.
The accuracy standard of the mechanical watch travel time specified by the Citizen Corporation is that the 24-hour error is within -20 to +40 seconds, which is judged to be a pass, which is quite between the first-class products of national standards.
Citizen watch timing method
First, the crown is pulled out of second gear to adjust the time.
2. Don’t adjust the time and its Citizen watch function during the period from 23:00 to 5:00 in the evening, so as not to damage the parts.
3. The small dial at 6 o’clock in the dial is a 24-hour display. It is rotated with the hour hand when adjusting the time, so this function is a 24-hour clock.
4. The lower right button of the Citizen watch is for adjusting the month, and the small dial at 3 o’clock in the dial displays. The month is 12 jumps per lap. If it’s a calendar, jump 31 times in a circle.
5. The upper right button of the Citizen watch is to adjust the day of the week, and the small dial at 9 o’clock in the dial displays. The function of the week is to jump 7 times in a lap or 14 times a multiple of 7. That is: once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
6. First, loosen the button in the middle of the Citizen watch. After unscrewing, the crown is rotated when it is not pulled out. It is recommended that the Nishitetsu watch or long-set watch be wound about 30 times. The watch reserves some power to avoid pauses or inaccurate timing caused by insufficient activity.
Seven, pull back and turn the clock two circles to stop at 7 o’clock. Why do you do this? Because the new Citizen watch is not running, the following functions will be stuck. If it has not been worn for a long time, it is recommended that the operation does not damage the movement. Then pull out the crown one stop, it is the date of adjustment, 1-31, if you encounter a month with only 30 days, you must manually adjust the 31st.